It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 12, Book 13





Mother's Day 2013


M - O - T - H - E - R

"M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell
"MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me.

Howard Johnson (c. 1915)


TODAY'S WORD:

Mother

A woman in relation to a child or children to whom she has given birth.

A woman who adopts a child.
 A woman who raises a child.

To watch over, nourish, and protect maternally.
There is a saying, God cannot be everywhere , so he made mothers ....so true!  Mothers do so much and mean so many different things to different people that there is just no way one word  that could describe a mother.

Here are just a few words used to describe a mother.  The list is endless it seems.

  Dedicated, knowing, wise, a tower of strength, fun, witty, best friend, brave, valuable and formidable.  Some even think of the word missed, when they think about their mom.  

But the words I think that most describe a mom are caring and loving.  There is nothing so comforting as a mother's love.

Best wishes for a Happy Mothers Day!


4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY.

jack69 said...

To a wonderful Mother I am sure:
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

Again, I never tried to define the word Mother, but I KNEW I had the best!

I am sure your brood feels the same.
(HUGS)

linda m said...

Happy Mother's Day. May god bless you.

Rose said...

Happy Mother's Day Sweet One!

Hugs, Rose