It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, May 10, 2013

Chapter 5, Page 10, Book 13




There will be a time when you believe everything is finished.  That will be the beginning.  

Louis L'Amour


TODAY'S WORD:

Finish 


Bring a task or activity to an end; complete:

An end or final part or stage of something.

There are days I feel as if I'm on the finish line of life.  I've lived a good long life and have enjoyed most every day of it.  There are not a whole lot of things I dream about doing.  I relish the memories of what I have done and am at the point where I feel as though I've won the race and now it's just time to relax and enjoy what ever days are left. 

I'm younger than a lot of folks I know, but I'm also older than many.  They say our days are numbered and not one of us knows when that will be but for me I'm thankful for all the days I've had and today I'm going to enjoy another one.

Today is the best day of my life and I'm not going to wonder at all what tomorrow may bring.  Today is what I have been given and it's all I have.  When you think about it, it's all any of us truly have.  Old or young, age doesn't make much difference.

I do believe that each day is a gift we've been given because we each have something important to do. We're here for a reason and even though we don't know what that reason is, we owe it to ourselves and others to do the best we can with what we've been given.


 Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't. 

Richard Bach 

3 comments:

linda m said...

Good topic today. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE that Louis L'Amour quote.


jack69 said...

Richard Bach is smart!

I am approaching the FINISH line, I hope it is REALLY WIDE and takes a long time to cross. LOL