It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 7, Book 13


The front flower beds are now clear of winter and things are starting to grow.


ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL...


Everything will be okay in the end.
If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.

Author Unknown


WORD FOR TODAY:

Well

In a good or satisfactory way

good - healthy - sound - right - fit - hale - nice

Well being is about not only our health, but our minds and souls. If all is well, it is good.   If something looks well, it is nice.  If it sounds well, it is pleasant.  There is satisfaction in all that is well.  

You know you're getting old when people keep telling you that you're looking well.  They mean for my age, I don't look too bad.   I try to take that as a compliment.  Better to look well than not, I'd say.  I am pretty satisfied to be the age I am.  I'm not one of those that try my upmost to look or be anything other than what I am.

I know lots of folks that spend a fortune trying to be something they are not.  I even know of a lady that was in her 90's that looked much younger than me.  She spent a lot of money to look that way.  I often wonder if it made her feel better about herself.  

Well being for me is to enjoy what I have and who I am and to be contented with it.  I'm not ever going to be someone else.  I am what I am.   If you are stuck on thinking about your problems or what you don’t have, chances are your life won’t change for the better.  Attitude can shift your life from the shadows into the sunshine.  Count your blessings, and all will be well.


Every season hath its pleasures;    
Spring may boast her flowery prime,    
Yet the vineyard's ruby treasures    
Brighten Autumn's soberer time.

Thomas Moore

3 comments:

jack69 said...

Well, that is the neatest Quote I have read. About all well at the end etc.
Have a great Sunday!!!
((HUGS))
Looks like spring here.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE that quote, "Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end." Which means the best is yet to come.

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh I know who said that quote - it was said on Oprah by her friend that started her own show - Iyanla-Vanzant - I remember her saying it and I have it on my bulletin board! Love it.
sandie