It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 06, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 6, Book 13




A Proverb for starting the day:


She gets up before daylight to prepare food for her family and to tell her servant women what to do.

Proverbs 31:15


WORD FOR TODAY:

Start 

Come into being; begin or be reckoned from a particular point in time or space.


The point in time or space at which something has its origin; the beginning of something.

 I'm far from that Proverbs woman, and I certainly don't have a servant to tell what to do.  But I do think it's important to start your day with a plan.  Plans don't always work, but at least we have one.

We all know what it’s like to head out the door in the morning, with all our expectations set for what we will accomplish that day.  I  often make my lists of what I plan to do each day. 

You must start with a positive attitude or you will surely end without one. 

Carrie Latet 

I've found that the time to enjoy life is now!  We must focus on today, plan for tomorrow and determine to stay, as close as possible, to our plans. Things won’t always go the way we want and we may have to make changes in our plans, but it is so important to have a plan!

One of the wisest men I ever knew always told us to plan our work, then work the plan.

I usually have a plan before the day begins. I know what needs to be done and I strive to work at what ever it is. So if laundry needs to be done today, it gets done.  If something else more important comes my way, the laundry will wait.  

Circumstances may cause interruptions and delays, but it's important to never lose sight of our goals. 

An aim in life is the only fortune worth finding; and it is not to be found in foreign lands, but in the heart itself.

Robert Louis Stevenson

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I like the quote about an aim in life being found in the heart. I never have a plan or place to start. I just kind of wing it everyday.

Carol Z said...

I (almost) always have a list of things I hope to do each day. Some are very easy and some may not get done for months, but it gives me a structure and focus. Hope you have a great weekend!

jack69 said...

I have always said, 'One must start with what they have.'

Too many folks like to delay, until they have more..... (faith, money,time, etc)
(We had SPRING TODAY!!!

Chatty Crone said...

It is a great idea to start the day with a prayer and a positive thought. sandie