It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 28, Book 13





Making the Most of Life


  If I can throw a single ray of light across the darkened pathway of another; if I can aid some soul to clearer sight of life and duty, and thus bless my brother; if I can wipe from any human cheek a tear, I shall not have lived my life in vain while here.

   If I can guide some erring one to truth, inspire within his heart a sense of duty; if I can plant within my soul of rosy youth a sense of right, a love of truth and beauty; if I can teach one man that God and heaven are near, I shall not then have lived in vain while here.

   If from my mind I banish doubt and fear, and keep my life attuned to love and kindness; if I can scatter light and hope and cheer, and help remove the curse of mental blindness; if I can make more joy, more hope, less pain, I shall not have lived and loved in vain.

   If by life's roadside I can plant a tree, beneath whose shade some wearied head may rest, though I may never share its beauty, I shall yet be truly blest--though no one knows my name, nor drops a flower upon my grave, I shall not have lived in vain while here.

Author Unknown 



 Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.

Forest Gump


WORD FOR TODAY:


 Fearless

Showing a lack of fear; intrepid.

brave, not scared


Life has it's ups and downs and not many things are guaranteed.  They say that only things we know for sure is death and taxes. But for me there is much much more that I can count on in life.  I believe in hope and in love.  With faith hope and love in my heart,  I'm trying to make the most of the life I've been given.

Faith lifts burdens from our lives.  Faith is not wishing, but knowing that God is the only one who will never fail you.  We need only to believe.

The power of hope structures your life in anticipation of the future and influences how you feel in the present.  If we didn't have hope we wouldn't have much of a life at all.


1 Corinthians 13:13

So faith hope and love remain, these three, but the greatest of these is love


The power of love is a curious thing, it can make a one man weep, make another man sing,  Love in its truest form tends to invoke trust.  

Faith, hope and love give us confidence beyond what our human mind can imagine.  We cannot know the outcome of every day but we do know that with love all things are made possible.  We can fear less and enjoy more.  



You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.

 Mary Manin Morrissey


4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the Making The Most Out Of Life poem. Nobody's life is insignificant.

jack69 said...

I have heard it said when a dog runs into danger to save his master he is fearless, that is confusing a combination of LOVE and FEARLNESS.

I like to live a fearless life, it must be terrible to live in fear.
I echo TT's comment about life.
((HUGS))

Carol Z said...

You're berry sweet, too! Have a wonderful week.

Chatty Crone said...

I love that quote from Forrest! lol