It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 27, Book 13




You are an Angel to Me


In my whole life,
There is no one else like you.
Someone who changed my life,
Just by being you.
You are an angel to me.

The music of your laughter
Still lightens my inner ear.
You showed me you believe,
That there really is good here.
You are an angel for me.

You showed me that you care,
When I was really down,
You never turned away,
Nor showed me a saddened frown.
You are an angel beside me.

Even when you are sad and blue,
And life is hard on you,
You spare me one more smile,
Just like God's loving child.
You are God's angel to me.

You have done so much for me,
And given me your time.
I have a gift for you,
With this imperfect rhyme.

Thank you my angel friend.

 Author unknown



The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone.  

George Elliot

TODAY'S WORD:

Angels 

A spiritual being believed to act as an attendant, agent, or messenger of God

An attendant spirit, esp. a benevolent one


I do believe there are angels all around us.  We have both the heavenly and earthly angels in our lives.  Angelic beings, earth angels and angels in disguise.   I know that I have a guardian angel that guides and protects me each day.  

Last weekend when I was talking with my daughter and one of my sons the conversation turned to angels.  My son mentioned that when they said prayers with their little one, he often mentioned the man watching over them when they prayed.  I said I believe that little ones are so near to the angels that do really see them.

There are others of my grandchildren that have seen or had imaginary friends when they were little.  I think those were angels too.   One of my granddaughters had a constant companion during her toddler years.  It would seem to me that we all have those angels around us but we don't see them.  Only the purity of a small child's mind is truly open to them.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.  

Luciano de Crescenzo

I don't remember seeing any heavenly angels in my youth but have seen plenty of earthly ones in my life.  Those friends and relatives and even sometimes strangers that have made such a difference in my life.

There are human beings that are a like a shining light on our path. And then there are those who appear as dark forces tripping us up, but in reality, they too are serving a higher purpose.  Those that showed up at just the right time, who encouraged us when we needed it.


Be an angel to someone else whenever you can, as a way of thanking God for the help your angel has given you. 

Quoted in The Angels' Little Instruction Book 



6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

ANGELS are my guiding strength.

jack69 said...

I would bet YOU have been an angel to Many folks.
I am blessed, my angel visited and stayed. It is wonderful to have both spiritual angels and also a physical one to ENJOY!

((HUGS))

You make me look at what I have.(smile)

Barbara said...

Yes there are angels all around for those with eyes to see, human and angelic.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Lovely. Sometimes angels are sent to us to help us become better people. My profoundly autistic grandson is one of those angels. He is such a blessing to us and teaches us so much.

Linda said...

I believe!

Chatty Crone said...

I believe in angels too. sandie