It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 26, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 26, Book 13




The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. 

Robert Brault


TODAY'S WORD:

Explore 


Travel in or through (an unfamiliar country or area) in order to learn about or familiarize oneself with it.

to investigate, study, or analyze : look into

I love to be with my family and will be spending time traveling to visit with one of my long distance son's soon.  I am looking forward to the time we'll be together, but I'm afraid my exploring days are quickly coming to an end.

I am getting to the point where home is feeling more and more comfortable.  I like being surrounded with the familiar things in life.  I am probably selfish in thinking that there are not going to be many trips at all after this one.  If they are it will be of the kind that can be done in one day and then I'll be safely home again.  

I've never done much exploration in my life.  Traveling only at times to see one or the other of my children.  I appreciate those trips as I've never had to pay for any of them.  My children provide the means and ways for me to get there.  

Of course life seems to offer daily little unfamiliar and unknown territories for all of us.  Whether near or far from home there are always new and sometimes difficult times to get through.  I may not be much of a world explorer but I certainly have explored a lot of life. 

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. 

Mark Twain


5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE that Mark Twain quote. Like you I'm not much of an explorer. But life has necessitated it so much at times, I wish I could just stay in place. My husband wants to travel. Me I want a cottage by the lake so I can walk outside and see the scenery. I hope you'll have many more trips to visit family.

linda m said...

I too have always loved to explore and travel from WI to GA to visit my son. However, as you said those days are coming to an end. Traveling is getter harder and harder on me and home is so much more comfortable. The joys of getting older, I guess. Blessings

jack69 said...

I think Mark Twain had a lot to do with my exploring. I loved Tom & Huck.

BUT you are stating a fact about there being an end to one's ABILITY to explore. We are hoping for one more trip around the USA. to include seeing our dear Elsie GGD who actually hardly knows us. But WE KNOW Her. Of course to see the grand sons once more before the passing of the time of exploring ends, but it has been FUN!~

Barbara said...

Home does become more appealing, but never say never as one never knows!!

Chatty Crone said...

I helped Andy with a project today and I think we both explored crafts and patience! lol sandie