It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 25, Book 13




People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. 

Maya Angelou 



TODAY'S WORD:

Warm 

Of or at a fairly or comfortably high temperature


For the most part, I've needed a sweater on to keep warm during the chilly Spring days we've had so far. I often keep a cozy throw by my chair in the evenings to keep warm while watching TV or reading a book.

I want to be warm and not chilly so I often do things to make sure I am warm.  This week I'll be visiting one of my son's and thankfully he lives where it should be much warmer.  Northern Ohio will be left behind for a few days and I'm going to enjoy feeling warmer for awhile.  Hopefully I won't be needing that warm sweater at all.

Besides the actual warmth of the sun, there will be lots of warm feelings surrounding me on this trip.  Seeing part of my family that lives far away is such a blessing.


If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it. 

Lucy Larcom


5 comments:

linda m said...

Very soon I too shall be surround with warmth as I will be visiting my son, daughter-in-law and grandson. Enjoy your trip. Blessings

Rose said...

And, I look forward to cooler weather and enjoy visiting my family in Boston.

Living in hot temps and humidity all the time is not great......South Florida is hot all the time with the exception of a few weeks during the winter months which I enjoy.

jack69 said...

Ah, you sound like my Sherry a sweater everywhere you go. Have a great trip, I know you truly enjoy family.
I BORROWED something from your yesterday's blog. It was so pointed for me. Thanks. Always have a relaxing time at Ma's.

HUGS and enjoy the warmmm

TARYTERRE said...

I'm wearing a sweater as I type. been very chilly here too for the past couple days. Sleet and snow flurries yesterday. You have a safe trip and enjoy this special family time and all that sunshine.

Chatty Crone said...

Or smile at someone! sandie