It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 23, Book 13



Colors are the smiles of nature… they are her laughs, as in flowers. 

Leigh Hunt



WORD FOR TODAY:

Artistic

One, such as a painter, sculptor, or writer, who is able by virtue of imagination and talent or skill to create works of aesthetic value, especially in the fine arts.

 Sensitive to or appreciative of art or beauty

I do appreciate art in many forms and I am thankful for all the beauty that surrounds us every day.  I believe that God's artwork is above and beyond anything a human hand could create.

I think God is the ultimate artist. God is an artist, a creative genius unlike any other being who ever was or ever will be because he created everything out of nothing.  And it was all good!

I love being outside and nature never fails to delight me.  It may be the clouds in the sky, a bird at the feeder, or a flower blooming in the yard.  It is all beautiful.  

I do miss the days that I got to spend at my camper in the woods.  I really felt a part of nature there where the countryside was right before my eyes.  But nature isn't just in the country, it is in the city too and I'm leaning now to appreciate the things closer to home these days.

God took something worthless, dust, and made it into a priceless work of art.  You and me and every other person were created to display His glory.  

Art is Man's nature.  Nature is God's art.  

James Bailey

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Art does come in all forms and we are surrounded by it each and every day. I know you must miss your little camper in the woods dearly.

linda m said...

God is the greatest artist I know of. No one can "paint" nature better than God. Blessings

jack69 said...

Yes God's art work cannot be matched, only inspire humans to try to match it. God is so Artistic.
((HUGS))

Chatty Crone said...

I am NOT artistic at ALL! I think that is why I go to blogs to look at beauty - flowers - paintings - farms - animals -etc. Makes me feel good.
sandie