It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 21, Book 13






The sun has come out... and the air is vivid with spring light. 

Byron Caldwell Smith

WORD FOR TODAY:

Vivid

Producing powerful feelings or strong, clear images in the mind

of a color,  Intensely deep or bright.

The first thought I had about the word vivid was about vivid colors.  Colors that are bright.  But there are also those that have a vivid imagination.  They can think about things above and beyond the norm.

If something is vivid it really stands out.  It makes us look twice.  

Certain things remain vivid in my mind.  Things I'll never forget like the birth of a child, or my wedding day.  Vivid memories are mostly a good thing. Vivid moments that were so beautiful that they stay with us forever.  

 I think the most vivid of colors can be found in a sunset.  Beauty is all around us.  We can enjoy every moment we have by living in the present and being vividly aware what we have, see or do.  Each day we have a chance to create those memories that take our breath away.  Every day it is our choice to make vivid memories of our very own.


Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now.

Denis Waitley

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I like the world vivid - I think that is why I like a lot of the blogs that have beautiful pictures- the colors on the are so vivid - and I think colors are a gift from God. Makes me feel alive. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

I like the word vivid. I have a vivid imagination, for sure. Vivid colors are heaven sent.

jack69 said...

It was vivid in my memory that I had been here early this morning, but now, I see no comment by me so I either lost it, or it died on its own.

anyway
YES VIVID memories are mostly wonderful....