It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 20, Book 13




Did you ever grow anything
in the garden of your mind.
You can grow ideas
in the garden of your mind.
It’s good to be curious
about many things.
You can think about things
and make believe
All you have to do is think
and they’ll grow.

Mister Rogers

(1928-2003)


TODAY'S WORD


Dream

 A condition or achievement that is longed for; an aspiration:
I've been dreaming about Spring for so long now that you'd think it would be a reality.  We've had just enough spring like days to give us hope, but today it feels very much like winter here.

We do have flowers blooming and leaves that are appearing on trees and bushes but it's only 36 degrees here this morning.  We all need to dream about things we'd like to do or have.  I'm sure that very soon now, my dream will come true, but not today.

I'll take the dream I had last night,
And put it in my freezer,
So someday long and far away,
When I'm an old grey greezer,
I'll take it out and thaw it out,
This lovely dream I've frozen,
And boil it up and sit me down
And dip my old cold toes in.

Shel Silverstein

4 comments:

jack69 said...

What a fascinating poem by Shel. Yep Mr. Rogers inspired 'quietly' many kids. I am sure inspired many a dream.
Good one lady. ((HUGS))

Rose said...

Lovely Poem. Thank you for sharing.

My mind never rests so I'm constantly having a garden growing in my mind.

Chatty Crone said...

I have to tell you - I am quite the dreamer myself - are you? sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Mr. Rogers was a wise man. Both my daughters loved him.