It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 17, Book 13



I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour.  I dripped it carelessly, Ah!  I didn't know, I held opportunity.  

Hazel Lee

WORD FOR TODAY:

Brilliant

Very bright and radiant. 

 distinguished; illustrious

One of my sons said that from now on he is using the word brilliant instead of using the word awesome.    The word awesome truly does get over used by a lot of people.  On the other hand, we don't hear the word brilliant half as much.  Yet it does describe a whole lot of different things and people

People are considered brilliant and so are colors.  Stars are thought of as brilliant and so are ideas.  


To be kind is more important than to be right. Many times, what people need is not a brilliant mind that speaks but a special heart that listens.

Unknown

There is a brilliant randomness in every day life.  The ordinary can often be the most of extraordinary things in our lives.  There are plenty of brilliant things in our lives.  Like all the shiny and beautiful new things that happen every day.


It makes you wonder. All the brilliant things we might have done with our lives if only we suspected we knew how.

Ann Patchett

One of the most brilliant aspects to my life right now is my age.  I am no longer young and with that comes the positive thought that right now the future is far less daunting than ever before.  I love being able to say, I'm old enough to be your grandmother.  In fact, I am a grandmother of many.  Grandchildren are just one of the many blessings age brings.

I am thankful for the brilliant moments that each day brings with it and for plenty of time to enjoy the view and relish it all.

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I am guilty of using the word awesome to describe many things. I think brilliant works even better. Perhaps I will substitute it instead of the other like your son.

linda m said...

I think I will use brilliant from now on instead of awesome. Much better word. Blessings

jack69 said...

You know I never thought about it but Ann Patchett might just be right!

I agree with your son, the word awesome has been over used.

Glad to heard the birds are chirping outside your window. But 6am is too early for a retired lady! LOL
((HUGS))

Chatty Crone said...

What is brilliant in my life - of course God - but I just think the world of my grandson - he is such a different soul - and lots of people do not understand him - but he is so bright! sandie

Linda said...

What an inspiring and BRILLIANT post!! I, too, am going to get a lot more use out of that word!
At nearly 65 I am finding this time of my life to be among the MOST rewarding. Making a Bucket List. That's something you don't really DO when you are YOUNG!!!