It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 16, Book 13





Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious.

Thomas Aquinas


WORD FOR TODAY


Agreeable

to one's liking; pleasing: agreeable manners; an agreeable sensation.

willing or ready to agree or consent

suitable; conformable 

I do believe that there are times when the things I do are much more agreeable if I'm sharing them with someone else.  I also have times that I find solitude very agreeable.  Keeping the balance isn't always easy.  I need my 'me' time and I also need the presence of others in my life.

Disagreements are going to happen to all of us at one time or another whether it is in our family life or at work. There are going to be people that challenge us.  We can't win every battle.  It's our attitude that makes the difference when it comes to disagreeing with some one.  We may disagree with some one in our family,  but we still stick together.

To be an agreeable person does't always mean we agree with everything, but that we treat everyone in a fair and reasonable manner.   We need to have an attitude of respect for one another. 

When all is said and done there is lots to be said about the word agreeable, but I think it all boils down to some pleasant circumstances in one form or another.  


A gentleman is a man who can disagree without being disagreeable. 

Source unknown


5 comments:

Carol Z said...

I think being agreeable is learning how to get along with others. It's the key to friendship and good times. Thanks for being a sweet friend.

linda m said...

I have always felt that I was an agreeable person. It IS the key to friendship. Blessings

jack69 said...

"A gentleman is a man who can disagree without being disagreeable."

Something hard for some to understand that an 'agreeable' person is not necessarily a 'Yes Man'.
((HUGS))
'nother good one!

TARYTERRE said...

"To be an agreeable person means we treat everyone in a fair and reasonable manner." Unfortunately not everybody lives in a family like this.

Chatty Crone said...

You know sometimes you just have to be quiet to be agreeable - right? sandie