It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 14, Book 13




My youngest grandson seeing his refection in the mirror.


There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it . 

Edith Wharton


WORD FOR TODAY:

Reflect

Show an image of

Do something today that reflects who you are, what you are capable of, what you care about. Give yourself plenty of evidence of what you can do, and you will not doubt your abilities to do anything. 

David Niven

Something that reflects comes back to you. If you look in a mirror, you will see your reflected image.  What we say about others reflects on our own character.  Just as light reflects on something and makes it shine, we should all be shinning examples to others. 

 When I think about what others may see in my reflection, I wonder what it is they really see.  Maybe they see an aging woman that needs to go on a diet. Some might even see a smiling face that cares about others.  I hope that I reflect of ray of sunshine to others where ever I go.  

There is a radiant beam of light that shines brightly inside each of us.  It's not good to hide it or try to cover it up.  We all reflect, in some way, the lives we lead.  Like a ray of sunlight on a dreary day. Shine your light don't hide it.

I want the me in the mirror be  a reflection of today.  A day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it.


As water reflects the face, so one's life reflects the heart.

Proverbs 27:19

5 comments:

Rose said...

Yes, we should all see our reflection in the mirror to remind us who we really are.

jack69 said...

That picture is one of life's truths, and some of the dearest memories. It is such a thrill to see the child as they realize that is their 'reflection' not someone on the other side of the window.
((HUGS)) have a great Sunday and may SPRING be yours.

linda m said...

Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

I just wrote a blog post to put up about reflections too, then I saw yours, so I'll hold off posting mine for a week or two. LOVE the photo of your grandbaby.

Carol Z said...

What a sweet, sweet little guy! Wishes for a great week.