It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, April 12, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 12, Book 13



End Of The Day

Is anybody happier because you passed this way?
Does anyone remember that you spoke to them today?
The day is almost over, and its' toiling time is through.
Is there anyone to utter now a kindly word of you?


Can you say tonight in parting with the day that's slipping fast,
That you helped a single person of the many that you passed?
Is a single heart rejoicing over what you did or said?
Does one whose hopes were fading now with courage look ahead?


Did you waste the day or use it? Was it well or sorely spent?
Did you leave a trail of kindness, or a scar of discontent?
As you close your eyes in slumber, do you think that God will say:
You have earned one more tomorrow by what you did today?

Author Unknown 


WORD FOR TODAY

ready

In a suitable state for an activity, action, or situation; fully prepared

When I begin a new project or make a change in my life, It isn't necessary for me to have all the answers from the start.  I do not worry about what might happen in the future or someday.  Today is what counts and I give thanks for the opportunity to fulfill my daily tasks -- I am ready!

Many are never quite ready to do something they want to do.  They are waiting till they retire, or get a raise, or until the weather is better.  Waiting for a perfect time is probably never going to happen.  

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but today I'm going to strive to enjoy life and appreciate the day! There is a saying that says: the future comes one day at a time; use each day to prepare for it.  Remember that we can learn from every decision. Missed opportunities offer us great insights which we can learn from and be ready the next time around.



It all starts when you wake up in the morning with a quick prayer of gratitude and open the door to a day filled with good. 

I am ready and set to go!

The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes. 

Benjamin Disraeli

6 comments:

jack69 said...

All my life I have said and heard:
READY, SET, GO! I live under a rock I have never heard the whole sentence. LOL

It pays to be READY,, that is for sure.

linda m said...

Have a great day. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

Love the words of the poem. Insightful for sure.

Barb said...

I love the poem too. As far as being ready, Ma, I am. I had to reset my thinking pattern in order to move forward on the checkerboard of life. Your posts are always so enlightening,uplifting and encouraging. Thank you. Love you much.

Bobbi and Gracie said...

I love that saying... Don't wait for somebody to bring you flowers, Plant your own garden and decorate your soul...
Have a great weekend!

Chatty Crone said...

You know I hope the world is just a little better place because I tried to help someone. sandie