It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 10, Book 13




Adage:  an old saying that has been popularly accepted as a truth; a saying often in metaphorical form that embodies a common observation.  Example: Nothing ventured, nothing gained.


Truth

That which is true or in accordance with fact or reality

The quality or state of being true

There is a lot of truth in many of the old sayings and the truth is I've heard a lot of them.  I grew up knowing a saying for just about any occasion.  

Finally Spring has arrived in northern Ohio.  I can truthfully say that the last 3 days have been wonderful.  I have been outside for the most part of them working in my yard and loving it.

Another truth is that I am out of shape and take frequent breaks, but that's ok as I also have a nice rocker on the patio outside my back door.  

Truth:  I'm no Spring chicken 



4 comments:

jack69 said...

LOVE this one on Truth.
"mama always said you cannot count your chickens until they hatch!"

That one is also the TRUTH!
We too have spring and it is sooooo nice..
have a great day..

TARYTERRE said...

TRUTH is virtuous. BUT there is something to be said for little white lies that protect someone's feelings. LOVING this spring weather before temps fall back into the 30's in the evening this weekend. ENJOY YOURS!

Chatty Crone said...

I love that little chicken poster and whata it says.

And I find that while the truth is important - you have to be careful how you tell it.

Love, sandie

linda m said...

Truth is always important. So glad to hear your Spring has arrived. Blessings