It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, April 01, 2013

Chapter 4, Page 1, Book 13




Never be afraid to sit awhile and think.  

Lorraine Hansberry,A Raisin in the Sun


Before you speak – think!
T   Is it truthful?
H  Is it helpful?
I    Is it inspiring?
N  Is it necessary?
K  Is it kind?"


Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?  

Winnie the Pooh


WORD FOR TODAY

THINK

to have a conscious mind, to some extent of reasoning, remembering experiences, making rational decisions

Most of the time I just do things without taking the time to think them through.  Little every day occurrences at my house really don't take a lot of thought.  But when it comes to the big things in life, I do take time to consider that the results of my actions will be.

Whether I'm planning a trip or going grocery shopping, I have to stop and think awhile

There are three things about us that significantly shape the course of our lives: what we think, what we feel, and what we want. The way in which we handle our thoughts, our feelings, and our desires determines the quality of our life.

I believe that wisdom comes with time, experience, and the willingness to maintain an open-mind about the world and all its people. While wisdom accumulates over the years, it requires constant filtering to remove the prejudices and bias that also accumulate, as well as constant reflection and a willingness to challenge one's own beliefs and values on occasion

Wise thinking leads to right living;
Stupid thinking leads to wrong living.
 Fools on the road have no sense of direction.
The way they walk tells the story: There goes the fool again!

Ecclesiastes 10:2-3

4 comments:

linda m said...

Have you wondered why sometimes it "hurts" to think? Maybe because we are thinking about something unpleasant. I have had it happen that while I am thinking I actually forget what I am thinking about. Christ is Risen- hallelujah!

jack69 said...

Every time I see that word explained I think of a sign I reade once as a teen ager:

THIMK!

((hugs))

TARYTERRE said...

I think THINK is a GREAT word. I also appreciate this quote, "The way in which we handle our thoughts, our feelings, and our desires determines the quality of our life." So true.

Chatty Crone said...

You know what is so true - how many times when there is silence do we hurry up and turn something on? It is like we can't stand quietness. But it is good for us.
sandie