It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 9, Book 13




The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.  

Hans Hofmann,

WORD FOR TODAY

 Simplify

to make less complex or complicated; make plainer or easier: to simplify a problem.


I lead a simple life and take pleasure in things as I find them.  I love life in the slow lane and find that here is where I am happiest.  Simple things are really the very best of things.


Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough. 

Charles Warner

I am solar powered.  When the sun is out, so am I.  There are days that are meant to be spent indoors just enjoying domestic chores and there are days when the sun comes out and I want to be outdoors.  During these last few days of winter, I'm taking advantage of the indoor time, because I know that when the sun comes out and finally warms us up, the house will get neglected big time.

Living simply isn't just all about clearing the clutter away, it is also about enjoying life just as we have it.  

You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need.  

Vernon Howard

6 comments:

peggy said...

I had a simple day yesterday and it was so welcome. The sun made it even better and now this morning there is a huge frost being chased away by the beautiful sun.

jack69 said...

Now this one is down my alley. Very good points. Oh and I really like the WIT, of being Solar powered! NEAT!!
We are warming up. Thanks for the reminder....

Chatty Crone said...

There is a book called Traveling Light! It is so true the more junk you can get rid of the lighter the load. sandie

Carol Z said...

We've got the sun today and I am going to be out and about for most of the day. Can't wait to enjoy warmer weather. Have a great Saturday!

That corgi :) said...

I think I too am solar powered; I do enjoy the sun and warmth so very much indeed!! I know you'll be spending lots of time outside once you will be able to Ma!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

"Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough." Decluttering my life is a priority these days. Brain and house alike.