It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 5, Book 13




I wonder if the sap is stirring yet,
If wintry birds are dreaming of a mate,
If frozen snowdrops feel as yet the sun
And crocus fires are kindling one by one:
Sing robin, sing:
I still am sore in doubt concerning Spring.

Christina Rossetti 


WORD FOR TODAY:

Cheerful


Noticeably happy and optimistic.

Causing happiness by its nature or appearance.

To me Robins are very cheerful little creatures.  Their song always seems to say 
Cheer up!  Cheer up!

They are a sign of Spring here in my neck of the woods.  I haven't seen any yet and am eagerly awaiting their presence.

This is a typical March for us and it is still very much winter here.  The Robins seem to know more than the Groundhog as far as predicting spring for us this year  Mr. Groundhog thought it would be an early Spring. The Robins know that it's still winter.

6 comments:

jack69 said...

Predicting weather is an 'unexact' science. hahaha
But being cheerful doesn't depend on the weather, but nice weather doesn't hurt.
Yeah, love the Robins!!!
We are cold down here, but it will warm up down here VERY soon.

linda m said...

Isn't that the truth about the spring predictions. Our local groundhog here in S.E.WI said an early spring. Ya right!!! I'm putting my faith in the robins - haven't seen one yet. Blessings

Sr. Ann Marie Slavin said...

It's still very much winter here as well. Ironically the temps are in the low to mid 40s which, to me, is usually very comfortable. But this year I'm finding it very cold for some reason or other. Must be age!

That corgi :) said...

I hope you see a robin soon Ma!! I think you are one of the most cheerful people I know!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

You know sun cheers me up - even if it is a bad day I love the sun - it is going to rain soon! lol
sandie

TARYTERRE said...

I saw robins back in early feb. here. But no signs of spring. We're expecting 4-8 inches of snow today into tomorrow.