It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 30, Book 13




Consider the postage stamp:  its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.  

Josh Billings


WORD FOR TODAY

Determined

Having made a firm decision and being resolved not to change it.

I'm a very determined person.  I want to enjoy every day and sometimes that is not easy at all.  I've made up my mind that although every day may not a good one, there is something good to be found in every day.

I look for all the good things life holds and make it a point to enjoy them.

Little things like a bird singing or a ray of sunlight on the kitchen floor can be the highlight of some of my days.  But those little things can make such a difference.  They can turn a miserable day into a happy one.  I'm always looking and always finding a reason to be thankful and being thankful makes me happy.

Determination is one thing I don't want to ever loose.  We need to always look on the bright side of life. It's about being positive and determined to get through things everyday. 

Do more than belong: participate.
Do more than care: help.
Do more than believe: practice.
Do more than be fair: be kind.
Do more than forgive: forget.
Do more than dream: work.

William Arthur Ward

6 comments:

Back Porch Writer said...

Like the poem from Mr. Ward. Sounds like a good one to have on the wall!

jack69 said...

This one causes many, problems. Because of lack of determination many jobs are not finished and are left hanging.
I like determination, shows "TRUE GRIT".

((HUGS)) from down here. We had a little rain but are just a little closer to SPRING! Time is determined, it rolls on no matter what the weather.. HA!

Carol Z said...

Great post. We complete a two year project at work Monday. So glad I stuck with it to see the completion. Wishing you a bright and sunny Saturday.

Rose said...

I have to concentrate on determination more. The older I get, I seem to slack off now and then.

I think it is partly due to my severe insomnia and it messes up my schedule.

Happy Easter

TARYTERRE said...

The words by Mr. Ward are words to live by for sure. Happy Easter to you.

Chatty Crone said...

You know what - determination is learned by hard times I think. Makes you stronger. Have a blessed Easter tomorrow. Sandie