It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 03, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 3, Book 13



Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration.  

Charles Dickens

TODAY'S WORD:

Home 

a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of aperson, family, or household.

the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.

the place or region where something is native or most common.

I have always said that the 3 most important things to me are my Faith, my Family and my Home.  If we live by faith, our family and our homes are to be looked at as gifts we've been given.  My home is the place  where comfort and security for my family and myself can be found.

I have been blessed by these 3 wonderful gifts, faith, family and home,  in my life and I very humbly give thanks for them every day.

I do know what it is like to have a family member taken away from me.  My husband died some 20 years ago and one of my little grandson's died almost 4 years ago now.  When we loose something we value, it makes what remains even more valuable.  I don't waste my days dwelling on my losses but by being thankful for what I do have.

I've never lost a home.  I have lived in some houses that I preferred over others, but I've always had a home.  For those that have experienced that loss, I'm sure that a home becomes more valuable too.

It's in our homes living together as family, that we learn how to love and care for each other.  Home is where we feel the security of family life.

Even though we often take our homes and the people we love for granted, we have to remember that they are gifts and gifts can sometimes be taken away.  Cherish your family and your home.


Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest.
Henry Van Dyke

4 comments:

jack69 said...

My favorite program as a chalk artist was Home, using Edgar Guest and Sam Walter Foss poems. It all ways touched me the lines of Guest:
Home ain't something you can get up in a minute, Before ti is a home there's gotta be some living in it.
Thanks for the entry. There is a lot in that word Home.
((HUGS)) We are cold here this AM.42 is cold for Florida.

That corgi :) said...

I like the thought to cherish your family and your home. I'm sure those that are homeless would appreciate that thought too.

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I have to say I agree with your list of three. I do love my home too. And when I see homeless people I feel so bad for them and wonder what to do at times.

TARYTERRE said...

Home is indeed sacred.