It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 28, Book 13




Peace means far more
than the opposite of war!

Fred Rogers


WORD FOR TODAY

Tranquility

The quality or state of being tranquil; serenity.

an untroubled state; free from disturbances

a state of peace and quiet 


Some of my most tranquil moments have been when I've been rocking a sleeping baby.  For me it is a time of complete peace.

I have also found that being outdoors in nature makes me feel very serene.  There is nothing like being in the woods on a hot summer day and relaxing in the shade.

The beach is another of my peaceful places.  Laying on the sand and listening to the waves crash on the shore is very calming.  When ever I'm having a tough day, my mind can take me to the beach in just a matter of seconds.  I often say I'm having a beach day, when in truth, the beach is only in my mind.


When life has repeatedly dragged you down, that’s a great time to remind yourself of how beautiful and joyful life can be.
Ralph Marston

4 comments:

linda m said...

Rocking a sleeping baby, sitting at the beach and listening to music are my peaceful moments. Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

Praying and turning things over to God. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Tranquil moments are life's most precious.

jack69 said...

Tranquility, a sweet word.
Thanks from North Carolina Cool but we have the SUN!
((HUGS))