It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 26, Book 13



Releasing the pressure, it's good for the teapot and the water.  Try it sometime.  

Jeb Dickerson

WORD FOR TODAY:

 Release

To set free from confinement, restraint, or bondage: released the prisoners.
 To free from something that binds, fastens, or holds back; let go


To release and let go of the stresses in our lives takes a lot of faith and trust.  We too often try to solve our problems by ourselves.  We like to think that we are in control and wind up trying over and over again to right which was wrong.

Worries can make life very difficult and painful. It’s hard to live life fully and share the best of yourself with the people and things you care about when you feel fear and are stressed out.

Over the years I have learned to stop saving myself and let go, to allow God to help me. Letting go of controlling situations to allow God to guide me with trust. He does a much better job of it than I can.

Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it by the handle of anxiety, or by the handle of faith.
Author Unknown

4 comments:

jack69 said...

You chose a very hard one today. At least for me. I can release a worry, but before I know it, I am holding it to my chest again.

I am trying to learn the truth in that word, but it is very, very hard for me to do.

I think something in the human 'needs' to worry, and I get mad at myself for not being able to RELEASE!
Thanks again for a timely reminder.

linda m said...

I am still trying very hard to just turn over to God all my worries and fears. When I am able God seems to always make everything turn out okay. Yet, I still worry. At least I know what I am doing wrong and I'm trying very hard to correct it. Blessings

TARYTERRE said...

Releasing stress and worry are difficult chores for me to do. Always fighting them.

Chatty Crone said...

When I can't get to sleep - I try to picture myself putting my worries one by one - on my worry tree next to the bed. I figure they will be there in the morning to pick back up! sandie