It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 25, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 25, Book 13




One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.

 William Feather

WORD FOR TODAY

Adventurous

to take the risk involved


The older I get the more I realize that we need new experiences to keep our minds fresh. We need new opportunities to feed the creativity of our souls. We need new adventures for personal growth.

Although I have not circled the globe or visited exotic places, I still feel like my life is one great adventure.  It's been a brilliant, amazing and beautiful life so far and it's not over yet.  At least I'm still here today, we don't know yet about tomorrow.

What makes life adventurous is often a stumbling block to some.  Adventurous people have a mindset to seek out new things.  But you can't have adventures if your don't try new things.

I've tried out 1000's of new things in my life time and when you think about it most of us have.  We were born knowing little of nothing, so we had to try talking, walking, and falling down for the first time.  I've been on an adventurous journey all my life it seems.  No doubt about it, adventure came my way raising a large family like mine.   I never get tired of trying out something new and different.  


Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming – WOW – What a Ride!

Anonymous

3 comments:

jack69 said...

In my years I have found this entry to be true. Adventure is all around us, it is in our front yard or around the next bend, all we have to do is see it.
We got so much rain we spring a leak around the rear A/C and didn't know it until bed time. lol
((HUGS)) hope you start warming up!!!

TARYTERRE said...

SO FUNNY that last quote. BUT poignant. I'm wishing it's true for me.

Chatty Crone said...

I think hard work keeps us honest and closer to the Lord too. sandie