It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 21, Book 13



Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody's hand and squeeze it... while there is still time. 

 Dale Dauten


Today's Word:

Appreciate

an expression of admiration, approval, or gratitude

We have hundreds of ways to express our feelings, through words and gestures both large and small. All too often, however, we keep our feelings to ourselves assuming that those we care for know how much they mean to us. The truth is, they often don’t.

We need to show our appreciation for one another.  Kind words, a hug and a SMILE usually do the trick.

Remember:  You can't pick someone up by putting them down.


4 comments:

jack69 said...

I honestly appreciate your definitions this time around. This is a neat series.
And again you have hit a needed area.

((HUGS)) clear here, but a little cool. But not COLD!

Oh I especially like the line you left us with, so true!!!

Chatty Crone said...

I want to say thank you and I appreciate you! Sandie

Rose said...

I too wish to thank you and appreciate you sharing your blog with me.

TARYTERRE said...

Love the teacup poem. And I too appreciate you and your blog.