It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 19, Book 13




What we have here is Oreo cookies in some sort of festive package with neon colored filling. To motivate us all into thinking that spring is fun we can now eat cookies with a buzzing bee, a smiling sun, what appears to be a flower, a frog, and a bee landing on a flower with the text Happy Spring  beside it.

The Blind Man


One day, there was a blind man sitting on the steps of a building with a sign by his feet, that read:   I am blind, please help.

A creative publicist was walking by the blind man and stopped to observe that the man only had a few coins in his hat. He put a few of his own coins in the hat, and without stopping to ask for permission, took the sign, turned it around, and wrote a new message. He then placed the sign by the feet of the blind man, and left.

Later that afternoon the creative publicist returned by the blind man and noticed that his hat was almost completely full of bills and coins. The blind man recognized his footsteps and asked if it was him who had changed his sign? He also wanted to know what the man wrote on it?

The publicist replied: I just changed your message so people could relate to it. He wished the man well, said goodbye, and went on his way.

The blind man didn't know it, but his new sign now read:

TODAY IS SPRING AND I CANNOT SEE IT


The Moral of the Story:

CHANGE YOUR STRATEGY WHEN THINGS AREN'T WORKING.
 HAVE FAITH THAT YOUR CHANGE WILL BE FOR THE BEST.


WORD FOR TODAY:

Optimistic

expecting the best in this best of all possible worlds

Most things take on a whole new light when we are optimistic.  Attitude is everything! Attitude influences the course of my life.

I choose to have a happy attitude today and every day and experience life to the fullest

I choose to be optimistic about the future. . My attitude is everything, for it helps me create a better reality for myself and others too.  

If we throw away our hopes and dreams because the situation looks grim or change takes too long, we may miss out on those blessings coming our way

It's very easy to complain. It's easy to imagine that our sufferings, our struggles, are unlike any that others have experienced.
It's harder to see, especially in the tough times, that God's blessings are still around.

We need to watch out for those blessings in store for us each day, especially when you are finding that hard to do. Tomorrow is the first official day of Spring here.  It still feels very much like winter, but I'm optimistic it will soon feel like Spring too.

6 comments:

linda m said...

Excellents Words for today. Blessings

peggy said...

I love the story of the publicist and the blind man. If things aren't working, sometimes we have to change our approach to them. And OREOS...I will look for you.

jack69 said...

I am glad I came this way, of course I always am, but I did not know this was SPRING, now I feel better especially after reading the story.

I love optimism! Puts a better spin on life.
((HUGS)) It is SPRING!!!

That corgi :) said...

That is wise advise to change our strategy when things aren't working and having faith that the change will be for our best. Good words to live by. I haven't seen those oreos, but how cute! I might have to get a pack or two to share the next time I do hospitality at church, they will be colorful indeed!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I absolutely LOVE this story and the moral of it.

Chatty Crone said...

Love the story and the meaning - I think there is a video of that too. It's excellent. sandie