It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 18, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 18, Book 13




The 10 Commandments in easy to understand language


(1) Love the Lord your God alone with all your heart
(2) Respect the Lord's name
(3) Keep the Lord's Day holy
(4) Honour your parents or those who look after you
(5) All life is in God's hands, do not destroy life
(6) Be faithful in all relationships
(7) Do not steal
(8) Do not speak falsely of others
(9) Do not desire a person who already belongs with another
(10) Do not be greedy for things that already belong to others


TODAY'S WORD

Faith

something that is believed especially with strong conviction

For me, my faith is all about trusting God and following His commandments. They are the basis for a lot of our beliefs whether we are religious or not.   They are the way I want to live my life.  I'm not always on track, but I try.  

Keeping myself on track is a full time job and I'm always amazed at how others have so much time to interfere in others lives.  

Faith does involve much more than following a certain set of rules.  Faith involves believing and acting upon that belief.  Faithful to daily, intentional actions.


Take control of your day and don’t let your day control you.

4 comments:

linda m said...

I love the "10 Easy To Understand 10 Commandments" Faith is something that comes from God. I like you am not always on track but I try very hard to be. Some days my faith is stronger than other days, but I always seem to come back to God. I have been watching the series on TV "The Bible" and I feel the producers have done a very good job in showing the Jews "Faith in God". God bless you.

jack69 said...

Faith, that last paragraph says it all. Good on you!!!
((HUGS))
The Snowbirds heading North. the park is emptying out, we leave day after tomorrow.

Chatty Crone said...

I like what you said - keeping yourself on track is a full time job - for me too! sandie

That corgi :) said...

I like the 10 commandments expressed like this; easy to have it laid out like that! Faith is a good word; I've been studying it a bit myself with the study I'm doing on prayer. It is definitely something more I want to have in my life indeed!

betty