It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 17, Book 13



Even the plants of the field tell about God. The shamrock has three leaves but only one stem. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not three gods, but One God.

St. Patrick


TODAY'S WORD

Lucky

Luck or chance is fortune,  whether bad or good, which occurs beyond one's control, without regard to one's will, intention, or desired result. 

producing or resulting in good by chance : favorable.


This could just be my lucky day!   Some folks think they have nothing but bad luck, or no luck at all.  I've been blessed with so much in my life that I can't help but feel lucky.  We often hear,  Boy, aren't you lucky, or  Well, that was luck.

I like to think that good things that happen and even some of the bad things are blessings.  Blessings that happen not because I'm lucky, but have come my way through grace.  I didn't do anything to deserve them, but I've been fortunate enough to receive them.   With thanksgiving in my heart, I am blessed.

Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known.  

Garrison Keillor

Things often seem to happen at random, but it is clear to me that God is in control and is somehow able to take the random acts of natural law, the free will of both good and evil men,  and combine them all to accomplish His good and perfect will.

Luck is nothing. God is everything.

Some say good luck in based on skills, hard work, attitude and even finding a penny, but to me luck is a blessing sent my way by One who knows all the answers and sends us only good things .

Next time someone walks up to you and says, What luck!  Tell them,  Nope, it's all God.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

 Proverbs 3:5-6

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I am lucky to have you as a friend. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too! Blessing to you!
Sandie

That corgi :) said...

I too agree it is all God and luck has nothing to do with it :) I also like your line "with thanksgiving in my heart, I am blessed." I'm trying to be more thankful these days and count my blessings more :)

enjoy your Sunday Ma!

betty

jack69 said...

WEll, this is my lucky day. I wore green. I think I am some Irish.
But of course instead of Luck, I say all things work together.

Again at your blog, I learn something. I had never heard that quote by St. Patrick. OF course I live under a rock and don't get out in public much. LOL

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY. Like that popular song says, "Sometimes you don't get what you want, but you get what you need." So there is luck in that.