It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, March 15, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 15, Book 13



Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.  



TODAY'S WORD:

Delicious 

highly pleasing to the senses, especially to taste or smell: 
a delicious dinner; a delicious aroma.


I think that just that like we savor a delicious meal, we should savor all the delicious things in life.  There are things in life that highly pleasing to the senses.  I savor the days I can sit in the sun and soak up some warmth.  Those days for me are delicious!

And all the good smells in life bring a lot of happiness and joy.  Every home, every flower, every person has a smell of their own.  Delicious aromas mean a lot.  For some it's the smell of a new baby, for others it's the smell of home baked bread.   We all have our favorite smells.

The other day I pulled some leftover chili out of the freezer.  That along with some salad greens, some cheese, and crushed doritos made for a delicious taco salad for lunch.  Life is like that sometimes.  We take a mixture of the old and new and spice it up and it becomes delicious!

Life is delicious.   Enjoy!

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Life is delicious - I love that - that makes me feel great!

I am going to concentrate on that.

I read your comment to me last night and I wanted to wait until today to answer it - thank you.

sandie

jack69 said...

I never thought of an aroma being delicious. My thoughts were delicious is to be tasted.
Again you open my eyes. I do love the aroma of fresh bread. Never thought of Life as being delicious, but now that I think of it, according to the definition , IT IS!
((hugs))

TARYTERRE said...

It is that mixture that makes a difference in life, for sure.

That corgi :) said...

So true that we need to savor the delicious things in life; I'm like Jack thinking delicious is in a taste, but it can be in a sound or smell just as well! I bet that imprompto taco salad was delicious indeed!

betty