It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 14, Book 13





And the wind said: May you be as strong as the oak, yet flexible as the birch; may you stand tall as the Redwood, live gracefully as the willow; and may you always bear fruit all your days on this earth. 

Native American Prayer

TODAY'S WORD:

Flexible

Capable of being bent or flexed; pliable.

Responsive to change; adaptable

As March is known as the windy month, I thought the little prayer above fit in here with this word quite well.  

To be flexible is a gift.  Sometimes it is easier by far to stick to your principals about something and never change.  I've found myself in some very difficult situations when it was better to bend a little.

The Fable About Changing Course-A tale about Flexibility

The captain of a ship received a message one night, Change your direction 15 degrees North to avoid collision.
A little indignant, the captain replied, I am the captain of a large ship and recommend you divert 15 degrees South.

The captain received the reply, We are a lighthouse.

No matter who you are, life will require flexibility. Be ready to make an adjustment.

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

 Michael McGriffy


5 comments:

linda m said...

I find I am not as flexible as I used to be - both physically and mentally. Must come with my age. Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

I always ask myself - Is this the hill I want to die on? sandie

jack69 said...

I am more flexible mentally than I used to be, BUT not physically! HA! I am enjoying your tour of words and comments. A neat theme, youcome up with some good ones!!!
Thanks, we are having our last cool snap (I hope) hahaha

That corgi :) said...

Flexible is good to me. I try to be in planning, some things I can be more flexible with, like get togethers, others of course I can't be such as work schedules :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I am very flexible. But my husband doesn't budge an inch. Not healthy for him to be so obstinate.