It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 12, Book 13



Some rights..

I have a right not to have to feel guilty just because someone else does not like what I do, say, think or feel. It's also ok for me to feel angry and to express it in responsible ways.
I have the right to say I don't understand without feeling stupid or guilty.
I have the right to say I don't know.
I have the right to say no without feeling guilty. I do not have to apologise or give reasons when I say no.
I have the right to refuse requests which others make of me.
I have the right to tell others when I think they are manipulating, cunning or treating me unfairly.
I have the right to refuse additional responsibilities without feeling guilty.
I have the right to tell others when their behaviour annoys or upsets me.
I have the right to make mistakes and to be responsible for them.
I have the right to be wrong. I do not have to be liked, admired or respected by everyone for everything I do.
I have the right to admit that I'm human with limitations and weaknesses and not pretend that everything is just right.

Author Unknown


TODAY'S WORD

Worthy

Deserving effort, attention, or respect.


I think it is important for everyone to have a positive concept of our own self worth.  We are all human and all make mistakes, but that doesn't mean that we should feel bad about them forever.  Making mistakes only makes us stronger.  We need to correct what we can and let go of what we can't fix and move on.

I believe that we are forgiven as we forgive others and that very often forgiveness starts with ourselves. We have to forgive our selves too. 

Not everything is going to go right in this world.  That is what heaven is for...

We all have rights and responsibilities.  In our country one of our rights is that of the right to pursue happiness.  We are not guaranteed it, but we can pursue it.  We are all worthy of happiness. 

I am not a has-been.  I am a will be.  

Lauren Bacall

6 comments:

peggy said...

I like this list of our inalienable rights, sometimes we put the rights of others foremost and
put ours aside. Good Morning Pam!

linda m said...

I like "Some Rights" Blessings

jack69 said...

Not everything is going to go right in this world. That is what heaven is for................

You will never know how well that fits.

Love from here, we had some rain, but it is still warm.

That corgi :) said...

I like that quote from Lauren Bacall with "I am a will be". I also like the some rights; good words there on our rights to make sure we are worthy not only in how others treat us but how we treat others!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I LOVE this paragraph. It says it all. I tend to hold all my emotions in check, though.

Chatty Crone said...

So tell me - I know I have the right not to feel guilty for things - but I still do - drives me crazy! What to do to get over it?

sandie