It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, March 11, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 11, Book 13





There are so many men who can figure costs, and so few who can measure values. 

Author Unknown 


TODAY'S WORD

Values 

relative worth, merit, or importance

We toss around the word value often enough. That has value. That's not valuable to me.  Our values are the things that we believe are important in the way we live and work.  They determine the priorities in our lives.  What I value, may differ from what others value.  

 We all live by a code of values, whether we know it or not. Values are traits or qualities that we consider worthwhile.  Values provide us with a strong foundation; a method for living life to it's fullest. Values can also help you in finding your purpose in life.

Those who value their individuality take responsibility, are self-reliant and act with self-respect. Those who value truthfulness cannot bring themselves to tell a lie. Those who value family or friendship sacrifice their personal interests for the good of others. Those who value goodness cannot bring themselves to do something they know is wrong. 
Many of my values were passed on to me from others in my life.  My parents, teachers, friends and relatives all took time to pass along what they valued in life and hopefully I'm passing that on to those in my life too.  For me, the best way to live a worthy and meaningful life is to align your values with it!

Live for what you truly love, value and appreciate. Fill your life with what you do like, and there will be no room left for what you don’t like.
 Ralph Marston

6 comments:

linda m said...

Good post. Blessings

jack69 said...

You cover some interesting stuff. I like the way you have treated 'value' because it is thrown round a lot now without thinking what it actually means in an individual's life. I hope we have passed down some values that will hold lived together.
Ralph has some VERY good advice there.
We are going into the 80's today, Sherry informs me. YEAH!

That corgi :) said...

It is good to have the virtuous values you listed here, like not lying, taking responsibility for one's actions etc. I do like the quote from Ralph Marston; wise words to live by!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I think individuality is important. So I value that.

Chatty Crone said...

I enjoyed your post today! sandie

JeanJournal said...

RAINY DAY here but in the 60's & I just enjoy what comes my way each day~~WEATHER~~CHILDREN~~NEIGHBORS~~Always like what you share with us, Ma ~ Jean(Rome Georgia girl living in Calhoun~~YOU!! ARE A BLESSING!!!