It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chapter 3, Page 10, Book 2013




 A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure. 

Proverbs 20:24 

TODAY'S WORD

TIMING

It is said that timing is everything.  Timing in relationships, career, finances and more. So I have found that it is much better not to struggle with circumstances in life. I know the time will be right when it is meant to be.

God gives us hopes and dreams for certain things to happen in our lives, but He doesn't always allow us to see the exact timing of His plan. There are times when we might give up if we knew how long it was going to take.   If I take action too soon or too late it could result in misunderstandings and lost opportunities.  

We need to understand that God's timing is often a mystery. He doesn't do things on our timetable. 

Too many times I've tried unsuccessfully to take control of my life, but not this time! This time I'll be waiting patiently for clear direction, knowing I will be guided to the right and perfect action at the right and perfect time. It's all about trust.

To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven. 

Ecclesiastics 3:1

6 comments:

jack69 said...

The verse from Ecc. is so true. The entire post is 'timely'. YOu are always a good read!!!
Thanks... We have Sunshine heading for warm...

That corgi :) said...

So true about God's timing Ma; it is always the right time and trust and patience is the best thing as we wait for it indeed :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I have the worst timing ever. I get myself in more messes because of it. Most be these trials of life are slated to be my teacher.

Rose said...

Thank you for reminding me about God's timing.

Good post.

Chatty Crone said...

Sometimes my timing stinks! And sometimes it is okay. I just have to remember to pray first. sandie

Carol Z said...

I'm with Sandie on this. We're going to study Ecc. in our Bible Study beginning next month. I know I will get a lot out of it. Wishes for a great week!