It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chapter 2, Page 12, Book 13




Happiness starts with one word, one joke, one hug, one text, one song and stops in one mistake. 

Unknown

TODAY'S WORD:

Happy

in high spirits; satisfied

favored by luck or fortune

We really don't need to wait around for happiness to find us.  We can be happy every day if we want to be.  It appears that the bulk of what determines happiness is due to personality, thoughts and behaviors that can be changed.

An article I read said that people who are happy seem to intuitively know that their happiness is the sum of their life choices, and their lives are built on the following pillars:

Devoting time to family and friends
Appreciating what they have
Maintaining an optimistic outlook
 Feeling a sense of purpose
 Living in the moment

We cannot all be happy all the time, but remember it is you and not other people or circumstances that control your happiness.

A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.  

Hugh Downs

6 comments:

linda m said...

Good post. Blessings

That corgi :) said...

I like those pillars to build a life on; I do agree it is within us to regulate our moods, whether happy or grumpy, etc. I think I'll choose to be happy today :)

betty

Sr. Ann Marie Slavin said...

I think that's so true--happiness is a choice, not necessarily a condition. I remind myself of that often because I tend to be pretty introverted and sometimes overly sensitive.

jack69 said...

Happy! my kind of word. I liked Hugh Downs (Is he still around), and his words are wise....

((HUGS)) from the Real Florida today.

Chatty Crone said...

It is an inside job and no one can make you work!

Kath said...

I try to be happy most days Ma,but guess it's very hard to be happy others,which is true it's our own choice.Take Care God Bless Kath XXX