It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Chapter 2, Page 7, Book 13



Those who wish to sing, always find a song. 

Swedish Proverb


Today's Word:

Creativity

the state or quality of being creative.
the ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships,or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods,interpretations, etc.;

 originality, progressiveness, or imagination:

Sometimes we feel like our lives are so full of errands, obligations and activities of no lasting value, that there simply is no room left for what is truly important.  But I believe that if we truly want to do something, we'll always create the time for it. 

Years ago I was told by someone, that busy people are the best ones to ask to do something.  I took this as a compliment because at the time, I was being asked to volunteer for yet another project at our church.  And that person had every confidence that I could handle it.  It really does seem that the busier you are, the more time you find. 


Over the years, I have been blessed by a great group of mentors that shared their wisdom with me and that made everything I did a lot easier.  I enlisted help too.  We are always better when we have 4 arms instead of two.  My family and friends have all chipped in and helped in many ways.  I was and still am so blessed to have many guardian angels sent to help me have the time I've needed.

These days  are much quieter ones for me.  I keep busy doing many different things, but still I always try to find time in my day to do something for others.  We  truly can create the time to do what matters. 

4 comments:

linda m said...

My mother always said "idle hands are the Devil's workshop" so O try to keep busy. I'm not always creative but do try hard at it. Blessings

jack69 said...

I find these truths to be self evident! To quote the famous Abe. The busy person can find time to do something else and be creative. I know you have been very creative in your time and the Blog is evidence you still are......
((HUGS))

That corgi :) said...

I think there is some truth in busy people are the best ones to ask to do something. I think they somehow manage their time a bit more. Once there are less responsibilities, I think people relax their management of time a bit.

Always good to have help doing things and also good to offer help to those that need it :)

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Another meaning for creativity to me - is having fun and trying new things.