It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chapter 2, Page 27, Book 13




People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily. 

Zig Ziglar 

TODAY'S WORD:

Motivated

To provide with an incentive; move to action; impel.

One of the ways I'm often motivated to do something is by forming a thought in my mind and envisioning it as a reality. A vision is an inspired idea.  You know very well when a vision hits you, by the energy and excitement you feel. It's a feeling that gets you charged and keeps you going. The very thought fills you with energy and positive feelings.They give us a goal to aim for and an something to live for.

I can imagine that there are no limitations on what I can be, have or do.  I can vision an imaginary ideal life.  Then I realize all that I'd need to do in order to make those visions a reality.  Sometimes I think it is not worth the work involved.  Other times I put my all into it and make my dreams come true.

Another way I'm motivated is by the visions of others and that is the way it is with my painting.  I need to find a picture or a pattern in order to do what I do.  I'm not really good at all in forming my own art, but am thankful that there are many Decorative Art and Tole painting books available.  
Visions of Spring are in my mind.  I'm planning a grand family gathering when Easter comes and I am motivated right now to get a lot done.  Little by little it will all be done in time.  My painting project is just one of the many things on my list to do.  Hopefully, as Easter comes and goes I'll be able to show all the things I've done.

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. 

Jim Ryun 

3 comments:

jack69 said...

Old ZIG ZIGLER, The first motivational speaker I listened to on tape and realized verbal Motivational information is a good thing.

It is true, it really works and also true that you need a shot of it every once in awhile.
Moving day, not far, but we are going back to Orlando for a week.
(((HUGS)))

peggy said...

Just catching up with you this morning. Needed motivation and reminder to be grateful. We didn't get the big snow, just big slush!

That corgi :) said...

Having a family gathering soon is a great thing to be motivated for to get things done indeed!! I do like the thought of the vision in your head for something to help with motivation too!

betty