It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chapter 2, Page 26, Book 13



Do something today that
your future self will thank you for.

Author Unknown

WORD FOR TODAY:

Tomorrow 

The day following today.
The future

When I try to look into the future, which isn't often, one thing that really stands out here at my house is money.  I always have to plan ahead when it comes to spending.  I know that I need to set aside some each month for future expenditures that I know will be coming.  I think we all have to do that in one way or another.  

But there are a lot of others things we can do each day that will help to make all our tomorrows better.  Rest and relaxation has always been a top priority to me.  I've seen first hand what stress can do to people, so I've learned that to be a better me, I have to take care of myself and that begins with some good R and R.

We also have to nurture our relationships with others.  Letting others know just how much they mean to you on a regular basis is a must.  

And when we remember to count and give thanks for our blessings every day, we are assured there will be many more to come.

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

Unknown

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Yes....i am blessed to be able to rearrange my working hours....i work with a bunch of great guy....i'm the only female on the mountain for most of the year....they call me and tell me not to try driving the road up the mountain....i am blessed!!

linda m said...

AMEN!!! God bless you.

jack69 said...

Oh the thanks we give every day for His goodness to us. No one knows what tomorrow holds, but we know who holds our hand (from a song I am sure).

Good to know you can plan, many cannot.
Gems of knowledge here, as always.
((HUGS)) Stay warm. Heavy rains today.

That corgi :) said...

I do agree we need to make time for R&R and also relationships with others. I think we can get so consumed with worry and stress we often forget we need others to do life with!

betty