It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 25, 2013

Chapter 2, Page 25, Book 13



There are victories of the soul and spirit.
Sometimes, even if you lose, you win.

 Elie Wiesel

TODAY'S WORD: 

Victory 

achievement of mastery or success in a struggle or endeavor against odds or difficulties

I've had to struggle over a lot of things in my life.  I haven't always won the fight. Once in awhile I win the battle, but more often than not, I lose.  I have found that sometimes though we lose, we can feel good about it.  Winning isn't everything.  It's often how we played the game that matters.  The game I'm talking about is the game of life.

We often forget that the game isn't always about winning but about learning lessons that build up the wisdom bone   If we pause to remind ourselves of the peaks and valleys of life, we can develop a positive outlook with faith.

We all enjoy winning, the problem is that there is very little in life where everybody wins.  Sometimes it is just the will to win that matters.

3 comments:

linda m said...

There will always be ups and down s in the game of life. It is what we do with those ups and downs that counts. Blessings

That corgi :) said...

I think even in the hard times of life we can have victories on how we did master them indeed. And I do agree, there are lots of lessons to learn in this game of life!

betty

jack69 said...

As always good stuff MA. VICTORY is how you accept life methinks. You are right it is not about winning but overcoming, is how I read it.

Nice day here, but a power failure in the park threw us all later...