It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Chapter 2, Page 24, Book 13



Blessed are those at the end of their rope because they can be tied to God
WORD FOR TODAY

 Endurance

 The act, quality, or power of withstanding hardship or stress
I don't know about you, but I've been at the end of my rope, barely hanging on, many times in my life.  The wonderful thing is that I'm still here, and more than that I still have everything I need.  No more, no less.  

It's well known that many never take the time to pray unless they need something.  To me prayer is a part of my every day life.  I pray in thanksgiving and I pray in time of need and for the needs of others.  Some days it seems I spend the whole day in prayer.  Thanking the good Lord for so many things!  

I have endured many things in my life.  With the help of the good Lord, I'll be able to endure many more.  Right now I'm enduring the seeming never ending winter here.  But I know that Spring will come!

There could be worse things, so I'll just count my blessings and be happy!

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Romans 12:12

6 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Endure is a good word, Ma; I think it ties into patience. And I do agree about being in prayer constantly on a daily basis! Have a great Sunday; I'm off to church in a bit and then a nice quiet afternoon :)

betyt

jack69 said...

Living entails endurance that is for sure. It is how we endure. I would bet you have done it with a smile at times.
Love from down here where it is rainy, but warm.
(((HUGS)))

linda m said...

I have been known for my patience, but it seems that it is being "tried" a lot lately. I pray every day for patience and endurance to get through these trying times. Have a great sunday. Blessings

Chatty Crone said...

Endure - I think some things are easier to endure then others. And when the hard times come I think that God helps us endure - don't know what I would do without Him.

Bobbi and Gracie said...

Prayer for me is like taking my daily 'medication'. Without God I am nothing and would not survive this world! I now have started kneeling to pray in mornings and WOW! What a powerful 'connection' with no other interruptions... There is always so much to be thankful for and to pray for... Always! Hope you're having a great weekend!

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE THIS completely.