It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Chapter 2, Page 23, Book 13



Picture taken at the home and garden show a few years ago


 May you find serenity and tranquility in a world you may not always understand. 

WORD FOR TODAY:

Serenity

the state or quality of being serene

Calm, peaceful, and untroubled; tranquil

Every morning, I take a few moments to breathe in deeply and slowly exhale. As I repeat this process, I can feel all the tension and uncertainty melt away. I relax my neck, shoulders, arms and my entire body, all the way down to my toes. 

I may be surrounded by the demands of family, work and routine, but as my mind lets go, peace fills my soul.  This a a practice I started doing before my morning prayers each day.   Doing so makes me feel the love of God and I seem to relax in the truth that all is well.

When you start the day off right, the rest of the day is  filled with promise and possibility.

Find the time in each day to see the beauty and love in the world around you

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like the idea of taking deep breaths like this, Ma; I can also see it being useful at the end of the day to get the stress of the day gone before going to sleep! I'll have to try it!

enjoy your day!

betty

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

A great way to start off the day and also to end the evenings. Have a wonderful weekend Ma :)

jack69 said...

Ha! I sat here and followed your instructions, I do feel better. Serenity a great feeling of peace.
((HUGS)) Stay warm...

Carol Z said...

How pretty! I'm enjoying the quiet of a non-work day and time spent at services and with friends. Wishing you a sweet weekend.

Chatty Crone said...

I heard Robin Roberts say - one step - two step - breathe - one step - tow step - breathe ....