It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 22, 2013

Chapter 2, Page 22, Book 13



Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty. 

 Doris Day
TODAY'S WORD:

Thankful

conscious of benefit received

very well pleased


People with a strong sense of gratitude, love and appreciation don't necessarily have more than others; they aren't any luckier. They simply recognize and see more beauty in their lives. 

In case you haven't stopped by to read my other blog, On The Bright Side, I've been keeping a list of 3 gifts I'm thankful for each day.  The link to it is in my side bar of this blog.  Being thankful makes me realize that it is the only way to live fully.

What you are most grateful for matters most

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I know you live a life of gratitude, Ma. I'm thankful, I just don't express it more than I should; good reminder to do so!

betty

jack69 said...

Thankful, yes, for all blessings. Doris Day always came across as THANKFUL and sweet.
Stay warm (((HUGS)))

linda m said...

I started keeping a "gratitude" journal about six months ago. It is amazing to look back at the simple things in life a person can be grateful for. Blessings.

Sr. Ann Marie Slavin said...

I think even being grateful for the people in our lives, the spontaneous words of encouragement, the smiles of people we pass in the hallway are all reasons to be grateful on a daily basis!

Chatty Crone said...

Be thankful one day at a time!