It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chapter 2, Page 21, Book 13




The best things in life are free...

Today's Word:

Free

Not imprisoned or enslaved; being at liberty.
 Not controlled by obligation or the will of another:

By cutting the cords that no longer need to be there, we can set ourself and others free from the ties that bind. Freedom increases my appreciation of who I am and the boundless blessings in my life.  I say boundless because there just seems to be no end to how many blessings one person can receive in life.  One of my blessings is freedom.  The freedom to be who I am and do what I like to do.

Someone once said that we are free when you control yourself and don't try to control others

By realizing the uniqueness of who we are, we can all find that freedom. If we can let go of comparing ourselves to others and stop trying to be something we are not. we can relinquish any thought of waiting for life to begin. 

Free from what others think of me, free from feeling like I always have to please other people.  


This day's going to be a one of a kind.
'Cause it's my day and there's only one me!

4 comments:

linda m said...

Good post. Blessings to you.

jack69 said...

I am so glad you posted this:
We are free to control ourselves but not others.

What a great truth. I love the gems I find on this site..
(((HUGS)))
Beautiful Florida day here.

That corgi :) said...

Free is a good word indeed! And I do too think we can be free when we are not trying to control others or expect others to do what we want them to do. Very true and wise words!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Andy - grandson - is just studying the price so many people years ago to become free. We should appreciate our freedom and us it - nicely.