It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chapter 2, Page 20, Book 13



Whatever our hands touch
We leave fingerprints!
On walls, on furniture
On doorknobs, dishes, books.
There's no escape.
As we touch we leave our identity.
Wherever I go today
Help me leave heartprints!
Heartprints of compassion
Of understanding and love.
Heartprints of kindness
And genuine concern.

May my heart touch a lonely neighbor
Or a runaway daughter
Or an anxious mother
Or perhaps an aged grandfather.

Send me out today
To leave heartprints.
And if someone should say,
'I felt your touch,'
May they also sense the love
that is deep within my heart.

Author Unknown

WORD FOR TODAY:

Touch 

To cause or permit a part of the body, especially the hand or fingers, to come in contact with so as to feel

To reach out and touch someone is a well known phrase meaning to make emotional contact with another human being.  I think we all need to touch and make human contact with each other.  No one can be whole without that touch.  From new born babes to the elderly, we all live better lives and thrive with the touch of another person.  

2 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I like that to leave a heart print today; will need to make sure I do so!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

We leave it on our little ones too - don't we - I mean how we have lived by example and love.