It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chapter 2, Page 19, Book 13



The most beautiful people we have known
are those who have known defeat,
known suffering, known struggle, known loss,
and have found their way out of the depths.
These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity,
and an understanding of life that fills them
with compassion, gentleness,
and a deep loving concern.
Beautiful people do not just happen.

Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Todays Word: 

Beautiful

Having qualities that delight the senses, especially the sense of sight.
Excellent; wonderful.

Beautiful is a word I use a lot.  There are many beautiful things and people in this world.  I have even called some foods beautiful now and then.  I think that anything that leaves me with a feeling of awe is what I call beautiful.

6 comments:

linda m said...

Your post today by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross is so very true. Thank you for sharing her inspiring words. Blessings

jack69 said...

Beautiful is a, well, BEAUTIFUL word.
Love ya and neat entry.
We are getting big dip. The sun is the savior of Florida. Even when it gets cold, the sun shines and makes for good days anyway.

((HUGS))

Kath said...

I also use the word Beautiful many times a day Ma.So much beauty around us,it seems to me,to be an appropriate word to use often.Have a lovely day Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx

That corgi :) said...

I like what Elisabeth Kubler Ross said about beautiful people; I too agree with her perspective. We truly do have a beautiful world when we open our eyes up and see all that God has created for us!

betty

Pat MacKenzie said...

In that case, you have a truly beautiful blog.

Chatty Crone said...

I think the things we go thru in life chisel us - and it can make us beautiful or ugly.