It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chapter 2, Page 10, Book 13





Recipe for Life

4 cups of Love
2 cups of Loyalty
3 cups of Forgiveness
1 cup of Friendship
5 spoons of Hope
2 spoons of Tenderness
4 quarts of Faith
1 barrel of Laughter

Take Love and Loyalty, mix it thoroughly with Faith.
Blend it with Tenderness, Kindness & Understanding.
Sprinkle abundantly with Laughter.
Bake it with Sunshine.
 Serve daily with Generous helpings.

Today's word:

Live 

Remain alive
Not dead or inanimate; living
Synonyms
dwell - reside - exist - inhabit - subsist

I tend to get stuck in my ways, so anything that diverts me from my routines and plans can be very annoying.  All you want to do is rest, and something suddenly goes wrong.  Your plans are out the window, and you have no idea how you’re going to manage.

Nothing worth doing comes easy. It takes hard work.  Living isn't easy and it is often very hard work.

Still I want to live.  Living the best way I can with what I've been given.  

There are no hopeless situations; there are only people who have grown hopeless about them. 

Clare Boothe Luce

Life is worth living.  Taking all the good along with the bad, adding a little kindness and lots of laughter and sunshine along the way makes for a grand adventure.  I've never regretted for a moment the life I've been given, I've only been thankful for it.  Life is yours to live as you choose, and in every moment, on every day.

There is an amusing story that reminds us that we must be grateful always.  In Budapest, a man goes to the rabbi and complains, Life is unbearable. There are nine of us living in one room. What can I do?

The rabbi answers, Take your goat into the room with you.  The man is incredulous, but the rabbi insists. Do as I say and come back in a week.

A week later the man comes back looking more distraught than before.  We cannot stand it, he tells the rabbi. The goat is filthy.
The rabbi then tells him, Go home and let the goat out. And come back in a week.

A radiant man returns to the rabbi a week later, exclaiming, Life is beautiful. We enjoy every minute of it now that there’s no goat — only the nine of us.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing,

 Helen Keller

4 comments:

Martha said...

Love the recipe! I think I need to bring a goat to work with me for a week ;)

That corgi :) said...

That is a great recipe for life, Ma! Good moral in the goat story; I like Martha need to bring the goat places with me.

Living is hard work indeed, but definitely very worthwhile!

betty

jack69 said...

Great post on LIVE! Always great advice and hints.

I will send this to someone who really needs it.

Love the Rabbi's advice!!! You must be part Rabbi yourself. Hope you continue to warm up up there...
((HUGS))

Chatty Crone said...

Amen - love the recipe too!