It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 9, Book 13



Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire is fulfilled, it is a tree of life. 

Proverbs 13:12

Hope:  the happy anticipation of good things

Many of us are hoping for a great New Year.  We send wishes to those we love for a Happy New Year!   I think the best way to realize our hopes for something good to happen is by appreciating and being thankful for what we have each and every day.

Hope  makes people lighthearted and happy. Hope is a powerful thing.  One thing I know, maybe two, is that we can trust in the Lord and we can trust in the power of hope.


Once you choose hope, anything's possible.  

Christopher Reeve

7 comments:

linda m said...

Good post. Blessings

peggy said...

Mr. Happy New Year is a doll! The little ones are our Hope!

jack69 said...

Beautiful shot of Mr. New Year. Giving HOPE for the new year.
Good stuff as always.
((HUGS)) from the banks of the PEACE. 84 already.

That corgi :) said...

Your little grandson is so cute "decked" out in his hat, Ma! What a darling!

I like being thankful for what we have each and every day and hoping for something good to happen too! We must have hope I believe to survive the tough times these days!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I think your grandson is adorable. And I really liked what you talked about today. But I was just thinking about Christopher Reeve and his wife and how sad that was for the two kids. It is hard for me to understand how she had lung cancer and she had never smoked a cigarette.

Jean said...

Mr. New Year is a cutie.I'm thankful that I'm now able to get around. Looking forward to a better 2013. Good post MA.

Linda :) said...

Lots of Hope in our house today as hubby has an interview at a temp agency at 1pm today... :)