It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 07, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 7, Book 13



Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. 

Thomas Jefferson

Honesty is very important, but sometimes it does seem very difficult.  There are times when lying seems to be easier.  But at some point the truth will always come out.  So in the long run, honesty is the best policy.

There are lots of people that are wise in their own eyes.  It could be that is me.  Maybe I'm not so wise in the eyes of others.  Anyone that thinks they know better than someone else is being wise in their own eyes.  I really do have to try to look through the eyes of others before I speak.

The next time I think I know better than others, I need to stop and humble myself for a moment before saying something.  Listening and asking questions requires humility and a willingness to admit that we just might not know everything.

I'll continue as always to honest, but will be try to be wise before I speak.  


No one is wise or safe, but they that are honest. 

Sir Walter Raleigh

5 comments:

Sr. Ann Marie Slavin said...

I agree--especially with the part about being wise and looking in the eyes of another. Sometimes I find that people who claim that they are "just being honest and open" are using that as an excuse to get what they want!

linda m said...

i have found that if a person isn't honest the truth always comes out in the end. So honesty is till the best policy. Blessings

jack69 said...

In line with Ann Marie, I find some folk who claim open and honesty, just like to say what is on their minds without "THINKING" how it hurts someone.
As you say, we should 'THINK' before we speak 'OUR WISDOM'. Good stuff.

Chatty Crone said...

Okay guys - I try very hard to be honest - but aren't there just some times to spare someones feelings you gotta tell a little white lie?

That corgi :) said...

I think that is great wisdom you said here Ma with continuing to always be honest but will try to be wise before you speak. I think more of us need to do that.

betty