It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, January 05, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 5, Book 13



We three kings of Orient are,
bearing gifts we traverse afar,
field and fountain, moor and mountain,
following yonder star.

O star of wonder, star of night,
star with royal beauty bright;
westward leading, still proceeding,
guide us to thy perfect light!


12th Day of Christmas, January 5th, Twelfth Night

Twelfth Night is the end of our Christmas celebration is here.  Tomorrow we celebrate Epiphany, Three Kings Day.  The wise men of old traveled a long distance.  They followed the star to honor the new born King.  Just like them, I'm traveling.  Traveling along the road of life.  Some parts of it are smooth and others bumpy, but no matter the road conditions, I'm enjoying the ride.  

We are all searching, seeking, trusting, moving forward, at times doubtful, but compelled to keep going.

Day by day, moment by moment, every mile I travel is a great adventure.  Some would look at my life and say it is quite ordinary, but I don't look at it that way.  So many precious and wonderful things have happened along the Way.

Truly I've been blessed with gifts worth more than all the gold in the world.

We all need to take some time to notice the world around us: the crunch of snow beneath our feet, the vibrant colors of the sunset, and the wonder of it all!

May the star that guided the wise men continue to guide us today.

The greatest gift we can receive is not anything material, but a feeling, that is the gift of love


5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I don't think of your life as ordinary, Ma. I think, too, it is extraordinary. You raised 7 children, blessed by 18 (did I get that right?) grandchildren and all of them are loved and doing well; that is extraordinary in these days I do believe!

betty

jack69 said...

I like the fact you spread that gift of Love like you have a great store house full to share.


Thinking about that, YOU DO have that and more to share.
So thanks for not being selfish in spreading the gift of LOVE!

Chatty Crone said...

I think you are extraordinary too. And I did not know that today was the end of Christmas in the church. I had no idea. Thanks for the information.

Martha said...

I agree with Betty - definitely extraordinary. You just keep a simple outlook on life and that's the very best way to live as far as I'm concerned. You rock Ma! Happy 12th Day of Christmas :)

Linda :) said...

It's unanimous... You're Extraordinary!! :)