It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 04, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 4, Book 13



Many merry Christmases, friendships, great accumulation of cheerful recollections, affection on earth, and Heaven at last for all of us.

Charles Dickens

11th  Day of Christmas

After today there is just one more day here of celebrating Christmas on my blog. But  I will be trying though to keep that Christmas spirit alive and well in my heart all year long.  I think that good will, peace and merriment are all good things to hang on to.  And I'm hoping and praying that this new year, 2013,  will bring just that to all of us..

As the new year begins, I realize I have a great opportunity to joyfully have the life I desire. Whatever my current circumstances, change is at my fingertips.   I don’t need all the answers at once. I simply need to move forward one step at a time. 

I'm grateful for the memories and lessons of the past and I look forward with joyful anticipation to the year ahead. I'm going to  pursue the desires of my heart.  Psalm 37:4 says we are to Delight ourselves in the Lord and He will give us the desires of our heart.  Never a day goes by but that I take time to give Him thanks.

Joy to the world, the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare him room,
 And heaven and nature sing.

Isaac Watts

3 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Hard to imagine the Christmas season will soon be over! I know it was a great one for you and yours Ma! I do agree with being joyful; good thing to do in the new year ahead!

betty

jack69 said...

YOU have blessed a lot of folks with your optimism and Isaac Watts has blessed many folk with those words.

Thanks, I have no doubt you will continue the celebration of LIFE!

Over cast here, but it is 65!

Chatty Crone said...

The actual commercial season is over - but Christmas is always there in our hearts. Right?