It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 31, Book 13



Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.

John Petit-Senn


Today's word:

Abundant

 Existing or available in large quantities; plentiful.
Having plenty of something.

Is it possible to have too much of anything?  

We can have lots of stuff and still not enjoy it.  I like to think that what I have in abundance are things I enjoy.  

I enjoy my large family
I enjoy quiet days at home, I have many of those
I enjoy reading, I have many many books
I enjoy painting and have a plentiful supply of things that need painting
I enjoy cooking and always have more than enough food
I enjoy being outdoors and have plenty of space here to do just that
I enjoy sewing and knitting and have lots of time to do those things
I enjoy sharing quotes and poems with others and often do that.  

I enjoy so many things and am thankful for having such an abundance of JOY in my life.


The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

Oprah Winfrey 


3 comments:

linda m said...

Oprah is so right. I too have much to be thankful for. God bless you

Kath said...

You are an inspiration,and you are a very talented person Ma.Enjoy your pastimes.We do have much to be thankful for,I make the best of every day given,finding something to keep me occupied and am thankful for being able to..Take Care God Bless Kath XXX

That corgi :) said...

I think having the kinds of things you have in abundance Ma is a great thing! To have so many different interests and hobbies is fantastic!

betty